Monday, October 24, 2022

This too shall pass - part 3

 

 It has been 2 months since my previous post about my portfolio taking a beating:

http://financeopti.blogspot.com/2022/07/this-too-shall-pass-part-2.html

I think it is time to re-evaluate the percentage gain(or loss) on my portfolio.

At this point in history, there are several things investors worry about: rising interest rates, high inflation, the war in Ukraine, and a possible recession in the US. 

The war in Ukraine has no end in sight, with Putin calling up a country-wide mobilization to call up to 300,000 soldiers for the Ukraine war (the last country-wide mobilization in Russia was in 1941).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Russian_mobilization

War in Taiwan seems increasingly likely. I just watched a video by Mr. George Yeo who shared that there are some in the US who feel that war should come sooner rather than later, because even though both will be bloodied, China at this stage will be bloodied more than the US (and hence will take longer to recover). 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/10/18/china-seize-taiwan-plan-blinken/

The S&P500 and NASDAQ are in a bear market. 

Here are the overall returns of the components in my portfolio:

Cryptocurrency -58.20%

SPY Fund          -10.16%

Bond                 -13.17%

USA                  -8.44%

One-Fourth       -19.17%

SGP                  -6.44%

BCIP                -2.64%

CPFIS              +9.63%

Dividends are not included in the above. 

Yes, almost all my portfolios are negative without including dividends. 

What is my plan? Well, I plan to hold on for 2 reasons: 

1. I have no emergency need to withdraw money from my portfolios right now, 

2. I plan to continue collecting dividends from them.

As for my dollar cost averaging investments in Roboadvisors, BCIP, and ILP, I plan to continue for as long as I am financially able. Without a doubt, this is the BEST buying opportunity in the long-run. 

Hope things will get better soon. Is the worst over? I have no crystal ball, only time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment