Friday, September 1, 2023

Wrapping up my Third Month of FIRE

The third month of FIRE came and went like the wind. 

Below are what I ate, what I did for fun, the amount of exercise I managed to do, and a record of my expenses. 

Eating

Heng Long Teochew Porridge
Heng Long Teochew Porridge

Beef noodle
Beef Noodle at Zion Hawker Center

Some workshop at a hotel I attended

Some workshop at a hotel I attended

Fun

I didn't specifically go anywhere for fun, but my weekdays were spent going to workshops and conferences, keeping myself up to date in my technical field. 

Exercise

On the fitness side, I definitely walked more than in my previous desk-bound job. 




Expenses


I busted some of my expenses this month. Hardly surprising I guess, since you got to spend to have fun...

Eating Out Target: $650
Eating Out Actual: $547.12

Household Target: $600
Household Actual: $437.10

Travel Target: $100
Travel Actual: $44.20

Entertainment Target: $50
Entertainment Actual: $0

Personal Target: $100
Personal Actual: $165 (Bought a business shirt for a ceremony I have to attend, subscribed to chatGPT,...)

I only managed to find time to do a few food deliveries this month. All in, I only managed to earn $15.20 this month.

Onwards to the fourth month of FIRE!!


4 comments:

  1. I stopped work for 9 months for my family. Totally worth it. I am also in my early 40s with 2 kids. Have fun "Firing".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on the crossroad whether to decide to go f.i.r.e, just do not dare to cross the line, financially is ready. not scare of losing out, but rather disconnect from the society and get boring with nothing on my mind. been working hard for 27 years and some years with double jobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you heard of Barista FIRE? In this type of FIRE, you achieved FI, but still work part-time jobs. On the other hand, do you have any goal you want to accomplish after you FIRE? If not, then maybe keep yourself busy by working and contribute to society also meaningful way to pass time :)

      Delete