Friday, January 12, 2024

Wrapping up my Seventh month of FIRE

I just finished my seventh month of FIRE in Dec 2023.

Below are what I ate and did for fun, and a record of my expenses.

Eating



Oyster omelet at Beng Thin (OCBC Tower).

Must go in Malaysia.

One of the best, if not the best crab I had.

First time trying sea grapes.

Some fancy cupcakes. Good to see, too sweet to eat.


Fun


Ipoh! The mountain scenery is awesome.

Kek Lok Tong, Ipoh.

Lake Gardens of Taiping.

Lata Kinjang Falls - the tallest waterfall in SEA.

Langkawi! A much quieter alternative to Bali.

Gem of islands in Langkawi - Pulau Dayang Punting (Pregnant Maiden).


Expenses


I busted some of my expenses this month. It is the holiday month after all and I did some traveling as you can see above.
 
Eating Out Target: $650
Eating Out Actual: $778.71 (went on holiday so had to spend on food)

Household Target: $600
Household Actual: $372.67

Travel Target: $100
Travel Actual: $116.20

Entertainment Target: $50
Entertainment Actual: $106.05 (holiday expenses)

Personal Target: $100
Personal Actual: $521.42 (attended a wedding...wow weddings are expensive these days!)

I only managed to find time to do a few food deliveries this month. All in, I only managed to earn $21.80 this month. For the whole year of 2023, I earned $145 doing food deliveries. 

It will look like I busted most of my budgets in the above, but let's look at the budget for the whole year instead. 

Here's my discretionary budget for the whole year:



So I only busted my Personal budget for the whole year, though by a pretty big amount (-5216.85). This is because I had to buy a laptop this year. 

Without this large expense, I estimate I need to allocate a yearly budget of 3000 to the Personal category, which works out to be 250 per month. I need to adjust this to my FIRE calculations accordingly (another post). 

Onwards to the next month of FIRE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment