Friday, March 15, 2024

Wrapping up my Ninth Month of FIRE - What's Next?

I just finished my ninth month of FIRE in Feb 2024.

How time flies!

Below are what I ate and did for fun, and a record of my expenses.

Eating


Home cooked food is always the best.

At Aeon Mall Bukit Indah.

This and the below are from Bangkok Jam Marina Square. It is actually pretty good!

Bangkok Jam


Bangkok Jam

Bangkok Jam

Bangkok Jam




Fun


There is not much to report on this, except that I harvested some spinach I have been growing. 



Other than this, it was the usual Chinese New Year eating and visiting routine. 

Expenses


In terms of expenses, this was an excellent month as I did not bust any of my budgets. The CDC vouchers helped.
 
Eating Out Target: $650
Eating Out Actual: $495.27

Household Target: $600
Household Actual: $275.77

Travel Target: $100
Travel Actual: $99.04

Entertainment Target: $50
Entertainment Actual: $15.20

Personal Target: $250
Personal Actual: $70.31


What's Next

Well, I have actually started working, but no longer in a salaried 8.30 am to 6 pm job. I have started my own business! It doesn't pay me much, in fact my monthly income has dropped by 92% (no typo) from my last-drawn pay. But the important thing is my FIRE journey allowed me to pursue this business opportunity even with this huge drop in monthly income. 

So what's next? I plan to continue to write this series but I will remove the 'RE' in the 'FIRE'. After all, it is important to track my expenses to ensure I do not exceed my budget. Even better, I get to pen down what I did each month for Fun, which is what life is all about, don't you think? 😉

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I am glad to hear you have opted to remove RE in your plan.

    When we are young, we do feel we are "invincible". Me sick? No, not me! Me need knee replacement? No way. Me need stent? Not at all, I am fit as a bull! You get the drift.

    At 63, I can tell you I have seen far too many cases of the above that afflicted many of our seniors.

    Incidentally I have written my thoughts on wealth decumulation. You may want to take a look here : https://t.me/CPF_Tree/3195

    ReplyDelete