Saturday, June 29, 2024

Portfolio Allocation - Jun 2024

The time has come for my once-a-year portfolio allocation breakdown.

This will be presented in a doughnut chart.

This year again I have maintained equal weightage on both my Local and US stocks. 

I also have a smaller position in cash compared to 2023, due to expenses and transferring a portion to bonds. 

MMF (money-market fund) proportion has also decreased, because I believe when interest rates eventually falls, the returns from MMF will also fall. So I took my money out of MMF.

The good thing is that the proportion of bonds increased as intended, and it will continue to increase. I try to increase my bond proportion because I want less volatility in my portfolio. 

My 2024 Portfolio.

Here's the portfolio for the previous year (2023) for comparison:

My 2023 Portfolio for comparison.

P2P lending is now insignificant in my portfolio. I urge everyone not to indulge in P2P lending. It is a loss-making investment, based on my unfortunate experience. 

Finally here's a comparison of 2023 and 2024 in the same chart:


You can see that cash proportion fell from 2023, bond proportion increased from 2023. 



No comments:

Post a Comment