Thursday, July 18, 2024

My Stocks Portfolio crossed USD1,000,000!

Wow!

So ever since my stocks portfolio crossed SGD 1,000,000 back in 2021, I have been wondering when it will cross the USD 1,000,000 milestone:

https://financeopti.blogspot.com/2021/02/my-stocks-portfolio-crossed-1000000.html 

Over time I have been withdrawing from this portfolio, moving funds from one stock/ETF to another, and also putting some of my salary in. 

I have also been patiently putting in money through DCA (dollar-cost averaging).

Essentially, I have been watering this army with tender loving care to make it grow.

Recently it crossed USD 1,000,000 on Jul 11!


This is because the market is anticipating a high chance of a Fed Rate cut in Sep 2024,  since inflation is coming under control. Fed has also indicated they need not wait for inflation to fall back to 2% (their target) before cutting rates. Depending on what you read, the Sep rate cut seems almost certain:

According to the latest data from the CME Fedwatch tool, the probability of a Federal Reserve interest rate cut in September has jumped to nearly 100%.
https://finance.yahoo.com/video/september-rate-cut-odds-latest-180608167.html

In fact, just on Jul 18, my portfolio reached an all-time high:



It has fallen back now due to a pull-back in the nice run-up in the US market. 

Here's the nice chart of the SP500 as a record, breaking the 5600 barrier:


Straits Times Index has also reached a 5-year high:



Not sure if my portfolio will ever cross the SGD 2,000,000 milestone, we will see 😉. 

Enjoying it while it lasts.

Definitely worth a post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment