Thursday, October 10, 2024

Dividends for Sep 2024 - Towards 5000 a month

The dividends I collected for Aug 2024 were the biggest ever.

Here are my dividends for Aug 2024:

                                    

So I collected $2,369 in dividends for this month.
 
In case you are wondering, some stocks are repeated because I have 2 brokerage accounts.

Here are my monthly dividends over the last 6 years:


Sep's harvest has dropped a bit from the Aug harvest.

Here are the dividends I collected every year until the current day

                            



I have already surpassed my total yearly dividends in the previous year of 2023. 

For the year 2024, my average monthly dividends per month is now $2,712.03. 

Here is the progress of my average monthly dividends over the years:

                         



I plan to first receive $2500, then finally $5000 in dividends every month on average.

Additionally, I share the interest I received from the various banks for the deposits in this month:

                                        

Oops, I only collected $254.30 in interest payments this month. This was because I missed the required $500 spend on card to unlock the bonus interest. I missed it by a few cents!! The mistake was I assumed the transactions that count towards the card spend are based on calendar date of transaction, whereas it is actually based on POSTED date. The POSTED date can be as late as 5 days after transaction date! E.g. transaction date is 26 Sep, but POSTED date is only 1 Oct! This means then that transaction is only counted towards the card spend of OCT. 

This is a mistake that cost me a few hundred dollars and should NOT be repeated. 

Onwards!   

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment