Friday, May 31, 2024

Finished one round of my Bond Ladder

I blogged about creating a bond ladder last year Aug: 

https://financeopti.blogspot.com/2023/08/creating-bond-ladder.html

As of May 2024, I just finished one round of my 'bond ladder'.

It is mixed with fixed deposits in Stashaway for the first 2 months of Jun and Jul 2023:


For the next 4 months of Aug, Sep, Oct, and Nov 2023, I subscribed to 6-month TBills:


Here are the stats:

Total profits = $1,104.35
Average profits per month = $184
Average interest rate = 3.70%

Here are my learnings:
  • While this is meant to be passive income, it took more effort than I initially thought. Firstly the issue dates are not on a fixed day of every month, you have to check the Issuance Calendar from the MAS website. Next, you have to put a task in your calendar so that you won't forget to subscribe

  • Subscribing is a breeze now with online applications. I use OCBC, where you can use cash or CPFIS to subscribe

  • No idea how to determine the rate for 'Competitive' bids, so I simply apply for 'Non-Competitive' bids

  • Applications are closed on holidays, so if the Auction date is T and you try to subscribe on T-1 which is a holiday, you are already too late and have to wait 2 weeks plus for the next round. This means your cash sits idle in this period, so plan properly
All in, it was easy money, just take time. 


3 comments:

  1. fyi : DBS does not have $2 charge for Tbill application using cash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you lose your money in an online fake cryptocurrency broker? Contact wiki support team to help you recover your money contact then via their telegram user name @ Wikihelpdesk
    email, wikihelpdesks@gmail.com
    PLEASE   AHEAR

    ReplyDelete